Since 1998, TreeSmart®
has been making ROLLED-UP RECYCLED NEWSPAPER PENCILS.
Headquartered in the beautiful Pacific Northwest
United States, TreeSmart began importing raw pencil cores
with finished pencil assembly in the U.S. The first 6-8 years
were devoted to perfecting quality control issues and fine-tuning
the manufacturing processes before launching our first national
marketing program in 2003. We opened on-line shopping through
the TreeSmart.com website shortly thereafter.
The company initially began shipping on a nationwide
basis to the School Supply markets, Arts & Crafts, and
Stationery/Office Supply stores. Now, a good portion of new
business growth is derived from custom imprinting for corporate
clients and state and local government recycling centers incorporating
custom logos, text, and messaging.
TreeSmart experienced many challenges in developing a high-quality
pencil made from recycled newspaper during its initial start-up.
Today, however, you can enjoy quality TreeSmart® pencils
that incorporate the following features and benefits:
• Whole newspaper sheets are rolled around HB high-quality
• TreeSmart® recycles English newspapers.
• No mulching or mixing with toxic recycling chemicals.
• A special adhesive formula is used to bind the
newsprint together into a cohesive core trunk that is as hard
• They sharpen easily, just like wood – most
of our users tell us they sharpen better and last longer than
• Newsprint images are visible on the pencil surface.
• All pencils are made with high-quality ferrules
and latex-free erasers that do not smudge.
• Selective colors for erasers are available upon
Other TreeSmart® products in development
• color pencils made from rolled up newspapers;
• recycled crayons and coloring pencils and coloring
booklets with the messages of Recycling, Endangered Species,
science, and Environmental Issues from around the globe;
• school supplies from recycled plastic materials and
here to review all our products.